Since the Windows operating system is pretty common in the office, we like to share tips and tricks to help users get the most out of their operating system. Here are a few to make navigating your computer a little bit easier.
Highlight Your Folders
Most of the time you don’t need to access more than a few files or folders at any given time. You can save time by adding direct links to important files right in the taskbar. Here’s how:
- • Right-click any unused space in the taskbar. This will open an options menu.
- • Hover over Toolbars and select New toolbar.
- • Select the folder that you want, and click Select Folder.
The folder you’ve selected should now appear in your taskbar.
Quickly Access Websites
The quick-access URL field speeds up your website access. Here’s how:
- • Access your Taskbar options by right-clicking in any unused space.
- • Hover over Toolbars and select Address.
A URL field will appear in the Taskbar. Enter the URL you want into it and press Enter. You can now open that website in your default browser with one click.
Like these tips? Get more by subscribing to our blog. Quikteks can help.