In business, good communications will have a positive effect on everything you do, whether it’s liaising with customers, your staff, your suppliers or…well, just about everyone. Anything that can give you a communications advantage is to be embraced. One way to do this is to switch from your traditional telephone system to a Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) solution. Not only could you save 50 to 70% on your phone bill, but you’ll enjoy multiple additional features that are useful for businesses.
What’s not to like?
If you’re not familiar with VoIP, let’s take a look at ten handy features that come with it. Some of these bonuses are already offered by traditional phone service providers, but you’ll typically be changed for each additional feature, whereas with VoIP it’s all part of the deal.
- Turnkey and managed. If you’re not familiar with the term, ‘turnkey’ refers to a complete system, ready to go. All you have to do is turn the key. You don’t have to host your VoIP at your workplace. Hassle-free hosted VoIP solutions are preferred by many.
- A reliable phone system. You’ll always have a reliable connection, because your connection isn’t shared with thousands of other users. Your VoIP phone is hosted on a private switch, and the connection is maintained even during peak hours.
- Call music. It’s easy to add whatever music you want for people to listen to when on hold. With VoIP it’s also easy to record audio messages and announcements, such as office hours, answers to FAQs or information on special offers.
- Intercoms and paging. Each worker will have their own phone line and extension. With the SIP (Session Initiation Protocol) phones that work with VoIP, it’s easy to activate intercom and paging systems, as part of your business communications.
- Phone lines. It’s easy to add phone lines if you need them. If your workstations are already connected to the internet then you’re ready to go. Some VoIP services don’t even need cabling – you can use them over Wi-Fi.
- Voice and web conferencing. Get together with multiple work colleagues for long-distance meetings. VoIP makes it cheap and easy.
- Email integration. With VoIP you can check your voicemail using your email inbox, and make calls using your email contacts list. This phone plus email combo can be very useful when you’re out and about and using a smartphone.
- Call follow. With this feature you can take any call from wherever you are. Call follow automatically tries you on your different phone numbers. If unsuccessful it will then go to voicemail. You won’t be tied to your desk waiting for the phone to ring.
- Call recording. This can be useful for training purposes, or so you have a record of a discussion.
- Live reporting. This is an analytics tool so you can analyze your phone activity from your web browser. Why would you do this? It can be useful to know what peak activity hours are, how long clients spend on hold, identify individual call patterns, and similar.
These VoIP features are standard with your plan and can help make your business communications more effective. If you’d like to learn about even more features you can have with VoIP, call Quikteks at (973) 882-4644. We can advise on how you can implement it for your business, save money and boost your company’s communications.