Can you talk tech? A recent study conducted by Vouchercloud.com asked 2,392 adults multiple choice questions about common technology terms. The findings were astonishing.
Note that 61% of the respondents agreed that “…it’s important to have a good grasp of today’s tech speak.”
We agree 100%. You have to stay current with trends in technology if you want to succeed in today’s workplace. Based on the results of this study, it looks like many people still have a long way to go. Would you believe that:
- • 77% of respondents did not know that SEO stands for “Search-Engine Optimization.”
- • 27% identified “gigabyte” as an insect commonly found in South America. (A measurement unit for the storage capacity of an electronic device.)
- • 42% said they believed a “motherboard” was “the deck of a cruise ship.” (A circuit board that holds many of the key components of a computer.)
- • 23% thought an “MP3” was a “Star Wars” robot. (An audio file.)
- • 18% identified “Blu-ray” as a marine animal. ( It is a disc format used to store high-definition videos.)
- • 15% said they believed “software” is comfortable clothing. ( A general term for computer programs.)
- • 12% said “USB” is the acronym for a European country. (A type of connector.)
OK, it’s funny, but this study can teach us about good customer service, which is why we bothered to include the correct answers. At Quikteks, we serve businesses of all sizes that are run by people with diverse technological backgrounds. As techies, we might assume that everyone knows what we mean by “software” and “gigabyte,” but according to this study, we shouldn’t.
When it comes to IT service from Quikteks, we know there’s more to a business relationship than fixing your problems and going home. We see ourselves as your partner in tech. Quikteks wants to help you learn and understand your technology, and will take the time to explain.
Regardless of your level of tech knowledge, we can help you acquire new skills and sharpen old ones.
To gain an IT partner that will keep you on top of the latest tech trends, call Quikteks at (973) 882-4644.